- As we grow up there are four psychological aspects that play a role in gender typing
- Psychoanalitc approach- in the begining we identify only with our motheras time goes on we begin to identify with father
- Social cognitive approach- we learn how to become masculine or feminism by observing role models and how people react to those role models
- Cognitive Developmental model- The child develops cognitive schema's about what masculine and what feminine
I think the most influential psychological gender typing is the social cognitive approach we all watch other and how they behave and how people react to them if it's a desirable reaction we want to act like them even as adult I believe we still use this approach when trying to be feminine or masculine.\
Gender schema theory I believe to be the hardest to fully achieve as perception of people change as we get older and personally I find depending on which group of friends or member of my family who I'm with can change the way I act and how they think I should act as a female.
No comments:
Post a Comment