In class today we talked about david Buss evolutionary perspective for long term attraction. David Buss believes that:
1. partners in a long term relationship do tend to have simular personalities traits and attractivness in the culture.
2.we tend to be in relationships with people around us (those we work or go to school with)
3. women tend to look more for attitude simularity
4.men look for attraction simularities
5. we tend to like those who like us
All of David's evolutionary make sense and i believe to be accurate however these concept are almost to obvious. The same personality trait s of people that are in a long term realationship I beliviethis happens because you are around them for so long that your personalities rub off on one another. As for being in relationships with people around us this is true because the people you don't work with or come in constant contact with you usally don't get to know them on the other hand internet dating is becoming very popular so you can meet people who aren't around on a daily basis. I'm not sure if i completly agree with davids Third and fourth point in todays society there are many successful independent women so they are not as concerned about finding a man who can support them but i believe they still look for the family man. the fourth point I believe works for both men and women I think attraction plays a large role in both sexes for long term if there's no atraction the relationship would be very dull. The point that we like those who like us I know from experiance is true you don't really pay attention to someone till someone mentions that they heard he likes you you tend to pay more attention to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment